Today's Quote


  • The World The GLBT Worldwide Flag Alternative GLBT Symbol
  • Monday, March 20, 2006

    Here I Sit With Oxygen Tube in my Nose, etc

    As I told you here, a couple weeks ago shortness of breath combined with a heart attack put me in Jane Phillips Medical Center in Bartlesville, OK for several days. Since getting out, although I have felt a little better, I am still plagued with a shortness of breath, an inability to rest in bed without my breathing getting more labored, and in general just a very painful very mixed up life style. No quality of life as the saying goes. I went over to Dr. Walker, my physician at MPG today, and he laid down some very definite laws for me to follow, at least for the duration: I have a nebulizer and something similar to (but stronger than) albuterol to be used several times daily.

    Needless to say, as much as I dislike it, smoking cigarettes is out of the question. Tonight has to be the lat night for those. This is the part that really frightens me ... Everyone says I will get better eventually, but I just dunno about it. I also have plastic oxygen tubes stuck in my nose, but if all goes according to schedule, the first two or three days with no cigarettes will be the hardest, and everyone says tonight I will get the best night's sleep I have had in weeks, without having to wake up an hour after I fell asleep gasping for air.

    Please ... keep me in your thoughts over the next couple weeks at least.

    PAT

    No comments: